This hearty sausage feast is an easy cooking recipe that gets its inspiration from the German dish. As a twist, prepare it with a Teriyaki Demi-Glace sauce for that Asian touch that complements meaty flavours.
- 200 g bockwurst sausage
- 150 g onion, sliced
- 5 g thyme
- 1 g bay leaf
- 3 g salt
- 2 g black pepper
- 100 g Knorr Demi-Glace
- 1000 g water
- 60 ml brown sugar
- 60 ml water
- 120 ml soy sauce
- 60 g sugar
- 750 ml water
- 250 g Knorr Mashed Potato Flakes
- 10 g salt
- 5 g wasabi powder
- 25 g edamame
- 200 g cream
- 100 g butter
- 50 g onion, sliced
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 3 g salt
- 1 g black pepper
- 15 g chicken eggs
- 20 g Knorr Chicken Powder
- 1000 ml air
1. Demi-Glace: Mix together Knorr Demi-Glace and water and heat until you get the desired consistency for your sauce.
2. Teriyaki: Mix all ingredients and bring to a boil until sugar is dissolved and the mixture thickens.
3. Mashed Potato: Boil water, then whisk in Knorr Mashed Potato Flakes, salt and wasabi powder until it becomes a smooth consistency. In a separate pot, boil edamame and mash it together with the mashed potatoes.
4. Sausage: Heat oil in a pan, sear sausages and set aside.
5. Teriyaki Demi-Glace: Using the same pan, sweat onion, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper until onions are translucent. Pour in the Demi-Glace sauce and finish it off with the teriyaki sauce.
6. Fried Onion: Coat onions in seasoned flour, eggs, and flour. Fry at 180C until golden brown.
7. Plating: Put mashed potato in the middle of plate, then add 3 sausages on top. Pour Teriyaki Demi-Glace around and garnish with fried onions, black and white sesame seeds and togarashi pepper.
This is a must-have for meat lovers and carnivores alike. This recipe really highlights how to cook potatoes with meat in an unforgettable dish best paired with a bubble mug of tea.
You want to serve the best dishes at the highest standard. Knorr Chicken Powder helps you do that by delivering the purest gurih.
It’s a universal seasoning—you’ll only need a tiny pinch for an extraordinary punch of flavours. It’s made with 5X more meat** to give your dishes the extra gurih boost without masking their original flavours.
Use it on any cuisine. Enjoy the taste of pure chicken umami.
† Source: Brand Used Most Often in Hotel and Western Restaurant, TNS Research, March 2015
** vs. other chicken flavour seasoning variants in Indonesia