What should you keep in mind to ensure you’re offering great service to your diners?
Making diners feel at home
From offering a warm welcome to attentive service throughout the meal, here’s what you can do:
- Be polite and attentive when serving. Train your service staff well in this area.
- Serve up diners’ orders promptly. Make sure you don’t keep them waiting for too long.
- Know your customers. Remember the preferences of your regular customers and give them more reasons to keep coming back.
- Note the ratio of staff to customers. With enough staff, orders can be served promptly. Yet, too many wait staff can make diners feel uncomfortable.
- Be attentive and proactive. Being extra thoughtful will improve any dining experience.
Provide service based on restaurant type
There are many restaurant types with many servicing models. See the various models and how you can provide diners with the appropriate service:
This is often found in fast food restaurants where diners will order, pay for, and collect their order directly. Pay attention to:
- Quick service by preparing the food beforehand
- Possible crowd during rush hour
- Semi self-service
Here, diners will order directly and the service person will bring the food to the table. The counter staff relays the orders to kitchen and collects payment. Pay attention to:
- Maintaining quick service
- Efficient preparations and prompt food deliver