This simple but satisfying soup is a delicious way to sample the luxurious taste of truffles, and is best served with cheesy focaccia crostini.
Watch the Truffle Potato Soup with Crostini recipe video
Knorr Mashed Potato Flakes not only adds flavour to the truffle soup; it also acts as a thickener to give it an appealing texture that goes amazingly well with crostini. Watch the video below to learn how to make the perfect crostini to complement your soup.
Get a tip on creating the best crostini!
Chef’s tips & techniques
- Instead of truffle, you can use mushrooms or celery root.
- The soup works well as an appetiser too – simply serve in small cups.
- For the crostini, use olive oil, Parmesan cheese and salt.
- Nutritional tip: To make a lighter soup reduce the amount of cream and serve with more vegetables.
Why should I use crème fraiche instead of regular cream in truffle soup?
Crème fraiche is a sour cream that gives soup a fresher taste compared to regular cream.
- Knorr Mashed Potato Flakes
- 0.8 litre vegetable bouillon
- 400ml crème fraiche or cooking cream
- 100g grated Parmesan cheese
- 150g truffle paste
- Fresh chervil
- Firm bread like sourdough or focaccia
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Bring the vegetable bouillon to a boil
- Add the crème fraiche and truffle paste
- Bring to boil
- Add Knorr Mashed Potato flakes to bind the soup
- Let it boil for a few minutes
- Keep adding Knorr Potato Flakes until the soup reaches the perfect texture
- Add the Parmesan cheese and blend with a hand blender to get an airy soup
- If desired, use a siphon to make the soup even more light
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary
- Half freeze the bread so it’s easy to cut very into thin slices
- Place the slices on baking paper
- Drizzle some oil
- Grate the Parmesan on the crostini
- Sprinkle some sea salt
- Bake the crostini for 15 minutes at 170°C
- Check if they are crispy. If not, bake a little longer
- Pour the soup in a bowl
- Finish with fresh chervil leaves
- Sprinkle fresh herbs on the crostini
- Serve together Parmesan cheese