Brandade with Cod and Spinach
Traditionally served with bread and potatoes, this comforting French dish is enjoyed all over Europe. And once you make it, you’ll see why it’s so popular.
Fresh Cod 1.3 kg
Onions 450 g
Butter 100 g
Crème Fraiche 200 ml
Fresh Spinach 500 g
Lemon Juice 20 ml
Lemon 1 pc
Japanese Breadcrumbs (Panko)
- Prepare the Knorr Mashed Potato and mix with crème fraiche.
- Cool down to room temperature.
- Clean and cut the onions in half moon shapes.
- Fry the onions in butter until they are soft.
- Cut the cod in cubes 3x3 cm.
- Season the cod cubes with salt and pepper.
- Mix the cod with the onions and the potato mash.
- Wash and dry the spinach and mix with the other ingredients.
- Season with the lemon juice and salt.
- Divide the mixture over the cocottes.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumb and some melted butter.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes on 175 degrees Celsius.
- Make sure the breadcrumbs a nicely golden brown.
- Grate some lemon skin over the warm brandade.